At Compare the Market, our purpose is to make great financial decision making a breeze for everyone, and that purpose drives us every day.
It’s why we’re on a mission to create an automated quoting engine, with the simplest of experiences, wrapped in a brand everyone loves!
We change lives by making it simple to switch and save money. So, when it comes to getting a better deal, it’s never been more blindingly obvious why you would choose Compare the Market.
We’d love you to be part of our journey.
We are recruiting for an Insurer Partner Test Engineer. As a Test Engineer you will help to drive the technical direction and automation of our testing, working in partnership with the Partner Integration team and test engineers. Helping the team to deliver change, strategic projects and new insurance brands to our panel across a range of products, using bespoke mapping and content tools. Delivering high volumes of requirements to our customers in a sustainable way.
You’ll make a real impact by taking an active role in the team’s Agile practices and technical decision making to shape, inform and embed best practice in the testing approach. Generating value by continuously striving to improve the quality and our approach to testing. You’ll be part of the Quality community and play a key role in raising our standards in helping to grow a world class software.
As a Insurer Partner Test Engineer you’ll be part of a close knit team, working hand in hand with our talented analysts and engineers to contribute to our customer and commercial objectives.
You will support delivery of key projects across our panel of insurers, in line with our strategic priorities.
Everyone is welcome.
We have a culture of creativity. We approach our work passionately, improve constantly and celebrate our wins at every turn. We are an inclusive workplace, and our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic, whole selves to work. Everyone is welcome. Be you.
This means we’re excited to hear from people with a range of skills, experiences, and ideas. We don’t expect you to tick all the boxes but would love you to hear what makes you great for this role.
Some of the great things you’ll be doing:
• Put the Customer at the heart of everything we do, delivering great outcomes for our Partners and our Business
• Build automation frameworks and tests that meet the agreed standards of quality including reliability, stability, usability and performance of the product features
• Write efficient, scalable and maintainable code
• Challenge accepted standards and the way we work, ask questions to improve efficiency and quality
• Drive best practices within the team to help build a culture of quality
• Adopt an "automate first" approach to testing to drive efficiency and reliability and ensure outcomes are visible
• Advocate that quality is everyone’s responsibility
• Take responsibility for delivering high quality products to all our customers
• Working closely with the engineers and analysts to verify requirements and identify acceptance criteria
• Use agile testing practices with continuous feedback to support analysts and engineers
• Involved in root cause analysis and support of live incidents
What we want to see from you:
• Experience in an agile development team
• Experience of a functional programming language
• Good root cause analysis & problem-solving skills
• Great communication and collaboration skills – Team player, no ego
• A curious mindset, confident in asking Why?
• A continuous improvement approach - giving and receiving feedback to improve standards
• Experience defining and maintaining automated tests
• Experience of working with agile collaboration tools and test management systems
• Strong insurance product knowledge and awareness of insurer systems would be highly desirable
Our people bring our purpose to life.
We champion a culture of innovation and challenge.
There’s something for everyone.
We’re a place of opportunity. You’ll have the tools and autonomy to drive your own career, supported by a team of amazingly talented people.
And then there’s our benefits. For us, it’s not just about a competitive salary and hybrid working, we care about what matters to you. From a generous holiday allowance and private healthcare to an electric car scheme and paid development, wellbeing, and CSR days, we’ve pretty much got you covered!
'We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made, please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.’