Our purpose is to make great financial decision making a breeze for everyone, and that purpose drives us every day.
It’s why we’re on a mission to create an automated quoting engine, with the simplest of experiences, wrapped in a brand everyone loves!
We change lives by making it simple to switch and save money. So, when it comes to getting a better deal, it’s never been more blindingly obvious why you would choose Compare the Market.
We’d love you to be part of our journey.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at Compare the Market (CtM) as our new Information Security Analyst. Your role will be pivotal in providing an information security analyst line 1 role within the Information Security team. You’ll manage, analyse, provide advice/ guidance and provide reports/ reviews on around 100 security enquiries a day including wider cyber controls, 3rd party diligence security awareness, cyber risk management, physical security and security business quires.
You will have an understanding of technical security controls and how the NIST framework aligns to InfoSec Standards and be the reliable source of security advice and guidance for our business with the ability to offer basic advice and guidance and the occasional hand on approach to interrogate security tooling.
Everyone is welcome.
We have a culture of creativity. We approach our work passionately, improve constantly and celebrate our wins at every turn. We are an inclusive workplace, and our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic, whole selves to work. Everyone is welcome. Be you.
This means we’re excited to hear from people with a range of skills, experiences, and ideas. We don’t expect you to tick all the boxes but would love to hear what makes you great for this role.
Some of the great things you will be doing:
• Responsible for providing advice for information security related queries
• Perform analysis of logs/alerts from security tools and identify anomalies
• Complete key partner external DD requests by our 3rd parties and perform reviews on 3rd parties and identify security risks
• Update and deliver the security awareness programs including written and verbal presentations
• Carry out initial analysis of security incidents and respond if required
• Perform line 1 security control checks against applications and systems
• Contribute to monthly and quarterly MI
• Offer advice on InfoSec standards and the cyber control environment from across the business
What we need from you:
• Understanding of Information Security for business
• Understanding of risk management and control frameworks
• A basic understanding of Data Protection controls and practices
• Desire to enhance knowledge and develop further skills within the field by dedicated self-study.
Our people bring our purpose to life.
We foster a culture of innovation and collaboration. With a team of over 300 tech experts, we thrive on using the latest tools and technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka, Java, Scala, Python, .Net Core, Node.js, and MongoDB, to create a dynamic and inclusive work environment.
There’s something for everyone.
We’re a place of opportunity. You’ll have the tools and autonomy to drive your own career, supported by a team of amazingly talented people.
And then there’s our benefits. For us, it’s not just about a competitive salary and hybrid working, we care about what matters to you. From a generous holiday allowance and private healthcare to an electric car scheme and paid development, wellbeing, and CSR days, we’ve pretty much got you covered!
'We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made, please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.’