Our purpose is to make great financial decision making a breeze for everyone, and that purpose drives us every day.
It’s why we’re on a mission to create an automated quoting engine, with the simplest of experiences, wrapped in a brand everyone loves!
We change lives by making it simple to switch and save money. So, when it comes to getting a better deal, it’s never been more blindingly obvious why you would choose Comparethemarket.
We’d love you to be part of our journey.
As one of our Cyber Security Engineers your main role will be keeping our customers safe from cyber security threats through the effective implementation, management and monitoring of Cyber Security Operational tools, controls, and capabilities. Working within a small team of experienced engineers, as well as a supportive and motivational senior leadership team, you will be at the forefront of our defence. We will look to you to detect threats, investigate events, and respond to security incidents through detailed analysis and containment measures; all whilst seeking to automate wherever possible. Beyond incidents, you’ll be managing and maintaining security controls and configurations, whilst reporting on control coverage and effectiveness.
Everyone is welcome.
We have a culture of creativity. We approach our work passionately, improve constantly and celebrate our wins at every turn. We are an inclusive workplace, and our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic, whole selves to work. Everyone is welcome. Be you.
This means we’re excited to hear from people with a range of skills, experiences, and ideas. We don’t expect you to tick all the boxes but would love to hear what makes you great for this role.
What we need from you:
• Ideally you will have a level of proficiency in programming languages, such as Python, PHP, Ansible, NodeJS or similar as well as experience working with AWS or GCP.
• Managing, monitoring, and continuously improving our ability to detect Cyber Security events across our estate.
• Respond to Cyber Security incidents
• Manage, monitor, and continuously improve security tools and controls
• Produce reporting against security events and incidents
• Produce reporting against control coverage and effectiveness
• Work across technology teams to ensure security controls are consistently implemented
• Perform line 1 assurance and governance checks against NIST Framework
• Be part of the on-call functionality of the Cyber Security team
You will need a strong cyber security background with proven work experience and exposure to incident detection, response, and recovery operations.
Our people bring our purpose to life.
We champion a culture of innovation and challenge. We have over 300 tech experts across our teams all using the latest tools and technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka, Java, Scala, Python, .Net Core, Node.js and MongoDB.
There’s something for everyone.
We’re a place of opportunity. You’ll have the tools and autonomy to drive your own career, supported by a team of amazingly talented people.
And then there’s our benefits. For us, it’s not just about a competitive salary and hybrid working, we care about what matters to you. From a generous holiday allowance and private healthcare to an electric car scheme and paid development, wellbeing, and CSR days, we’ve pretty much got you covered!
'We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made, please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.’