At Compare the Market, our purpose is to make great financial decision making a breeze for everyone, and that purpose drives us every day.
It’s why we’re on a mission to create an automated quoting engine, with the simplest of experiences, wrapped in a brand everyone loves!
We change lives by making it simple to switch and save money. So, when it comes to getting a better deal, it’s never been more blindingly obvious why you would choose Compare the Market.
We’d love you to be part of our journey.
We are currently recruiting for a Change Support Engineer. This role will ensure that we increase and maintain the CTM panel of insurers across multiple products by completing associated technical activities in our bespoke services.
As a Change Support Engineer, you’ll be working really closely with our team of talented analysts and test resource to contribute to our customer and commercial objectives.
You will play a key part in owning the partner interactions during the new build process (via Change Support Analysts) from post analysis to handover to partners for testing. You will contribute to the completion of key projects to improve the product journeys across our panel of insurers, in line with our strategic priorities, by making mapping and content changes.
Everyone is welcome.
We have a culture of creativity. We approach our work passionately, improve constantly and celebrate our wins at every turn. We are an inclusive workplace, and our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic, whole selves to work. Everyone is welcome. Be you.
This means we’re excited to hear from people with a range of skills, experiences, and ideas. We don’t expect you to tick all the boxes but would love you to hear what makes you great for this role.
Some of the great things you’ll be doing:
• Put the Customer at the heart of everything we do, delivering great outcomes for our Partners and our Business
• Add new insurers to the CTM panel by creating data mappings and content in our bespoke services (Allspark and Teletraan) and maintain existing mappings and content by processing Change Requests
• Manage technical queries and communicate updates effectively with our internal teams and partners during the build and change process
• Ownership of the release process and subsequent monitoring
• Focus on risk reduction, ensuring high quality of mappings, providing a clear audit trail
• Champion simplicity over complexity, finding the most efficient way of delivering the requirements for key projects
• Troubleshoot and resolve errors using data tools such as Splunk, Grafana and MI
• Works well in a team, facilitating conversations to reach decisions and outcomes, active contribution to our agile processes.
• Actively share your knowledge within the team, across other teams and in project meetings
• Give and ask for feedback regularly
• Lead initiatives to help the team improve our bespoke services and processes
What we want to see from you:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of working as part of a team, team player, no ego
• Knowledge of Excel, XML, XSD schemas, JSON & WSDLs
• Experience of using tools such as VS code (including Thunder Client) and Developer Tools
• Understanding of GET and POST request methods and http response statuses
• Logical & analytical approach to development and trouble-shooting
• Experience of live deployments is important
• Experience of Agile methodologies and approaches
• Curious and self-motivated, takes control of own career development
Our people bring our purpose to life.
We champion a culture of innovation and challenge.
There’s something for everyone.
We’re a place of opportunity. You’ll have the tools and autonomy to drive your own career, supported by a team of amazingly talented people.
And then there’s our benefits. For us, it’s not just about a competitive salary and hybrid working, we care about what matters to you. From a generous holiday allowance and private healthcare to an electric car scheme and paid development, wellbeing, and CSR days, we’ve pretty much got you covered!
'We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made, please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.’